Participation is free and open to anyone anywhere in the world.
Please watch the video or read the text bellow before uploading your drawing.
- How to participate
- I don’t know how to draw
- What is going to happen with the project?
- What materials can I use?
- What can I draw?
- What size should my art be?
- Is there a deadline?
- What is going to be accepted or not?
- Where can I upload the drawings?
Participation is free and open to anyone from everywhere in the world.
Look here for more details about making and sending us your work.
We are encouraging all community groups to join us in the elaboration of this collective art work, please share this opportunity with your friends and family.
We want to make this project accessible to everyone and we believe that with a little bit of help everyone can draw. Look at this page to get ideas about how to participate in the project.
We are more interested in your life journey and locations than your skills as a drawer. You will have the opportunity to share a text with your drawing and explain what you represented.
- Once the project is completed, we will be looking at exhibiting it in art galleries or museums .
- Monthly prizes by our sponsors to the most interesting contributions.
- We will publish books with a selection of contributions.
- Unique opportunity to share the life stories that are important to you with a wide audience.
Be a part of something big!
- Your drawing can be on any square white surface and of any size as long as it is square.
- You will have to scan or take a picture of your drawing to upload it. It has to be a jpeg file and the minimum size is 1024 x 1024 pixels.
- Use markers or ink so your drawing is black on white. You could also use charcoal, pastels, fine liners, markers… Graphite if you have a good enough contrast on your drawing.
- You can add a few colored highlights.
- You upload a maximum of 4 drawings per person
- We reserve the right to refuse drawings that would be not safe for viewing, or too poorly photographed or scanned.
Anything about your life story, present, past or future.
- where you are from
- where you live now
- your everyday life
- significant events
- what you like
- who you love
- your pets
- your inspiration
- your state of mind…
Take a look at this page for ideas: What are people talking about in the Big Picture? part 1
What is going to be accepted or not?
1-Is photography accepted?
No, your picture must be a drawing, but you are welcome to use a picture as a reference. If your reference picture is by someone else, you should ask for permission before using it as a reference.
2- Is digital art accepted?
Yes as long as your digital drawing is done with sharp black lines so we can process your image.
We will accept drawings with nudity as long as they are not pornographic in nature.
All life experiences are not joyful in nature and we are very open to the idea that sharing these experiences can be part of an artistic approach. We also have to keep the collective art work safe for viewing by a public of all ages.
We reserve the right to refuse any image or text of a hateful, racist or discriminatory nature.
It is very important so your picture can be accepted that you are taking a good picture or scan of your drawing.
If possible, we recommend that you scan your image, you will get a better quality of picture. When scanning, save your image as a JPEG file as PDF won’t upload in the form.
If scanning is not possible and you are taking a picture please:
- Check that you have enough lighting
- Hold your camera or cell phone parallel to the drawing
- Check that your image is not blurry
If you have 4 pictures ready to upload, you will need to upload them one at the time and fill out the form 4 times.
Please Watch the video at the top of this page before submitting!